Supporting our Mental Health at UM Birmingham
As we continue to live through challenging times, we are proud to offer our teams multiple resources and tools to help support their mental health.
- We have a team of 14 trained Mental Health First Aiders at the agency. Our Mental Health First Aiders are not therapists or counsellors however they are always available to listen to our people in a moment of need or if someone simply isn’t feeling themselves. The first aiders can help offer support and information, as well as help facilitate any appropriate next steps as needed.
- We hold Monthly Feel Good Sessions designed to make our people feel good, with a core focus on physical and mental wellbeing
- We offer all our employees’ free membership to the wonderful Headspace App, which supports people in practicing mindfulness and meditation.
- We host regular virtual Yoga and Meditation sessions, multiple times a week.
- We offer an Employee Assistance Programme where employees and family members have free, 24-hour access to independent, professional support and counselling to help them deal with personal and professional problems that could be affecting their home life or work life, health and general wellbeing.